Did you know: Non-Res Lighting Controls Acceptance Test Technicians Require Certification?

Effective July 1, 2014, the non-residential Energy Codes (Title 24, Parts 1 and 6) require lighting controls and devices be certified as properly installed and operational prior to issuance of occupancy permits.  This is to be done by a certified Lighting Control Acceptance Test Technician.

  • All Acceptance Technicians must be employed by an Acceptance Test Employer that provides support as well as quality control.
  • There are two providers approved by the CEC to provide training and certification for Test Technicians and for Test Employers.
    • California Advanced Lighting Controls Training Program (CALCTP)  www.calctp.org
    • National Lighting Contractors Association of America (NLCAA)  www.nlcaa.org
  • Find out more at the California Energy Commission’s special web page regarding Acceptance Test Technicians

Use Energy Code Ace to help you navigate all the 2013 Energy Codes!  www.energycodeace.com

Recommended Posts